Wednesday 18 July 2012

Woolly Wonders

This weeks crafting looks something like this....
Still on that learning curve but I'm feeling a bit more confident.
Getting funny looks when in answer to what I was making came the reply 'knitting a jumper for Sindy'. He should have been thankful it wasn't the Batman cape and matching jumper. After much frantic searching I found Sindy and once I've sorted her hair out (I obviously wanted a punk Sindy as there was a large chunk of pink!) maybe she might do a spot of modelling.
As if my hexie obsession isn't bad enough I found a pattern to crochet them too.
What are they going to be I was asked. Just.... you know.......a blanket? To go with the patchwork quilt I started months ago.......;-)


6 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Lovely mix of soft colours. Batman might even like a new cape in pastels!

Sian said...

Ooh! I've come over all funny! seriously, I love Batman..I need a cape:) And you know how I feel about Sindy. Undoubtedly my favourite blog post of the day :)

Alana said...

Awww, I loved my Sindy, totally not into Barbie, ach not sure Barbie was around when I was a kid. Had a few Pippa dolls too. Now the Batman costume is so cool, love the old Batman tv programmes....we still wTch them when they are on. Hexi crochet scarf would look good....so jealous as I still haven't mastered crochet.

Lou said...

my mum knitted all our cindy and barbie clothes....many many years ago now :) another vote for Batman.

All those colours together look wonderful x

alexa said...

Ah, Sindy! I so wish I hadn't lost mine. Last time I saw her she was sporting a red gingham dress so if you see her, let me know! Those crotcheted hexies are very appealing in those heathery colours ...

Nathalie said...

All those hexagons would indeed make a gorgeous blanket!