Thursday 27 October 2011

Pretty Paper Party - On the Edge



Hi as you can see I've been partying. I haven't followed all the prompts and certainly not in order but the idea of signing up to Shimelle's class is to get me scrapping and using up paper and that's what I've done.

This prompt was all about including different edges on your layout, maybe using something you don't usually or a bit of a different style. I am a fan of distressing so roughing up the edges of some co-ordination cardstock didn't worry me and I picked out some scallop offcuts I had in my scrap box and even stuck some to another square of paper to make another layer.

I have a stack of scalloped 8x8 and it felt very good to actually use one up. And yes that is purple, it suprised me but it looked perfect as the cliff top flowers in the photo are a shade of purple and as I went through different options from my stack it definitely looked the best suited.

Using what I have and not trying to match everything has definitely brought about some different colour combinations. I hope to share my next layout soon.

5 comments:

Lou said...

It always feels good to use older papers and supplies. You've done a great job, love the splash of purple mist x

scrappyjacky said...

Love how all your scalloped edges work....and the purple is perfect.

alexa said...

These photos are lovely (envying you the sea!) and your scalloped edges just echo the line of the coast and the waves. Clever!:)

ForgedinPaper said...

Loving it and yeah to busting that stash!
Love the hut photo. I may scrap my one actually now.

Alana said...

It's nice to try something new and even nicer to use up the old stash. it's looking good.