Thursday 19 May 2011

A Creative Weekend

Last weekend was spent here at this years Scrap-a-Mia. A full weekend (very full) of creating. There was much inking, sticking and cutting going on.
First class to get messy in was Dina Wakely's - Curly Wurlys included. A crafter needs to keep her energy levels up
I used photos from my 40th birthday last year to make a canvas bunting album
Some of Dina's fabulous stencil and mask collection. I'm on the hunt for plastic doilies now. 
Snapped mid cut by Sonja during Michelle's class I think we were laughing at how tall Michelle is and how short I am :-)


Two layouts I made with Webster's Pages designed and taught by Emma Trout. I also made a cute minibook in Celine Navarro's class. She had some of her work with her and her ideas for minibooks are really different.

I can't believe that a week has nearly passed since I set off to pick Sonja up from the airport and we had a leisurely stroll along the prom in the sunshine.

Here's to blog friendships

 

11 comments:

alexa said...

Loved seeing the results of your very productive weekend, and nice to see photos of you IRL. :) Your pages are most impressive - that looks like a lot of very careful work, and the subtle effect is delightful, and just suits the photo ...

ForgedinPaper said...

I had a great time and the prom was fab. It's scary a week has passed already. I have finished Emma's 8 x 8 although I have mislaid the crown ! It was on my desk and now it's nowhere to be seen.

Amanda said...

It was lovely to meet you !

Sian said...

Oh, just look at the lovely things you made! Here's to blog friendships, indeed :)

Sarah H said...

Looks like you had a great time crafting - you made some beautiful things :-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous layouts! I love scappy breaks, have not been on one for a few years now but you have reawakended a desire to crop!

Alana said...

Fab layouts, love those websters papers.

Claire said...

It was lovely to meet you at Scrap-A-Mia Amanda and I've enjoyed reading your post and seeing some of your pictures...especially the ones of your projects which look great. I'd forgotten just how great Curly Wurlys actually are!!

Kirsty.A said...

Some beautiful vintage layouts

Sandra said...

Goodness what gorgeous creations :) I had a couple of friends from the crop that went along :)

Em said...

It was fabulous to meet you. I hope you enjoy your projects!

Em x