Tuesday 12 April 2011

Spring Breeze

Hi I hope you have been able to enjoy some of the glorious Spring weather we've been having. The challenge this week at Chicken Soup seemed very appropriate and inspired me to make this card.
 I splodged some blue acrylic paint as my background and used my new Craftwork Cards template to cut out the branch and owl. I decided against using the spotty yellow paper when I spied a paint chart that I'd picked up for crafty purposes. It turned out to be just the thing especially as the colours were entitled Spring Breeze in various shades of yellow and made the perfect blossom. And in case you're wondering that's a sock monkey cut out of the spotty paper.

...and I can't go without sharing this picture with you
It is actually a card that I picked up at the weekend from one of my favourite shops (I can't share a link as they haven't joined the 21st century and don't have a website). The card is called 'Clever Cat'. I had the perfect sized frame to put him into, it's a bit used and battered but it was worth using it as he makes me smile every time I catch sight of him in my kitchen. You can't see it very well in the photo but the picture has a very eye catching glittery background.

Has the Spring weather been inspiring your crafting too?

9 comments:

Kate said...

ooooh your owl is so cute! Love his eyes & the paint sploding is brilliant (so therapeutic isn't it!)
& I love the cat pic so much, it's making me smile too :)

Kaz Hall said...

loving the owl....very cute! The cat picture is so cool too! Thanks for popping by my blog.....AP was fab......expensive for me but fab!
hugs

kazxx

ForgedinPaper said...

That cat photo is a corker it's very cool I can see why it makes you smile.

Winnie said...

The paper pieced owl looks gorgeous and love the cat - so fun! :D

debs14 said...

One of those pictures that just makes you smile! So cute. Love the owl layout and what a clever idea to use paint sample charts.

Sarah H said...

The Owl and the Pussycat - both fab :-)

I love the blue/yellow combo too

alexa said...

Ahhhh! for both the owlet and the little cat! What big eyes they both have :). Lovely bright card, and love your flowers ...

Alana said...

Cute owl, isn't that combination of colours brilliant. Thanks for your message on the blog. Yes had a good old spend up at Ally pally, I looked out for your too. We left early afternoon as I had got everything I needed.

Alana said...

Oh! Forgot to say....that cat cracks me up!