Tuesday 26 April 2011

A Spring Clean

Hi. Did you have a good Easter? I've been enjoying the fantastic warm weather. Amazing, normally even the sniff of a Bank Holiday is enough to send the weather into decline but not this year. I have to keep reminding myself it is only April.

So what with being out and about in the sunshine I haven't had much time for crafting but I did find time to try out this brilliant technique that Julie shared last week. If you visit her post at It's a Creative World here you will find her step by step tutorial showing you how to make your own photo booth style card using stamps.
I'd just bought these cute stamps by Prima and was wondering how to use them. They had a kind of wintery Christmas feel so I thought that using them with this technique would make a great Christmas card..........one down, only another - how many?? to go.

Last week saw another technique 'first'. Not in crafting but in baking.......

I made some soda bread. I was so suprised at how easy and tasty it was. I'll definitely be trying it again courtesy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's classic recipe.

And today as the weather has turned more seasonably cooler I spent the morning tidying my craft room, a job long overdue. When you have that just been burgled look and can no longer see your desk and floor is rapidly disappearing you know it's time for a clear up.

In the great tidy up I came across my small collection of printer blocks that I bought many years ago, long before they popular. You can tell just how long ago as there are some 80's hairstyles amongst them. They are now safely housed on my 'altered' shelf along with my £2.00 wooden bargain they are standing on. It was reduced as it had lost all it's drawers and is now awaiting a bit of altering. Shame the blocks can't all fit inside. 
Next to this I've sorted part of my craft book selection.
....and when I'd finally got my all my canvases in one location it appears I have quite a few awaiting transformation. Ooops

I have more tidying to do and I'm not sure it will last but at least I can now see my craft desk. Think I'll just look at the tidy bit.

Happy creating.

10 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Oh your photobooth cuties aer great - I'm so pleased people have been trying it out. I love the one with the head poking out behind.

And yes, it's always a sobering thing when you compile all of the same things in on eplace isn't it? But your blank canvasses will always come in useful. x

Kirsti said...

Yep Amanda I got a shock when I put all my canvases together - I had 23 in various sizes and then found another 4 in the cupboard under the stairs...Ooopsies!!!

Hope you are looking forward to Scar-A-Mia...still wish I was coming....

Kirsti xx

ForgedinPaper said...

I blame that She Art workshop both you and Kirsti have amassed sizeable bank canvas collections.
Spookism is that your desk storage system sounds a lot like mine. See ya soon!

Sandra said...

Goodness, you've been busy, haven't you.

alexa said...

Love that little photobooth effect! Just great ... And I'd love to borrow some of your books!

Winnie said...

Nothing like a good spring clean, especially with all those goodies you found. :D Love the photobooth card, it's very cute.

Sian said...

OOh, that's a lovely collection of craft books!

We are, of course, big fans of soda bread round here - and that looks like a particularly fine specimen!

Alana said...

Brilliant card, really cute. I don't know about you but spring makes me want to have a good sort out and clean.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Isn't it amazing what you find when you tidy up? I usually find things that I want to bring out again (kind of like your printer's blocks!). I really need to do a spring cleaning myself...before spring is over...

Sarah H said...

I'm so impressed by your organisation! (and the fact that you are making xmas cards in April!). Isn't it amazing the things that you find when tidying craft stuff?