Saturday 5 March 2011

Are you a reader?

If the answer is 'yes' then you probably know that tonight is world book night. The BBC has been celebrating all things books with their Free Your Imagination campaign. The image that has been used as part of the campaign has inspired a creative project of mine but more of that soon.
World book night will see a million books being given away for free - did you get one or did you apply to be one of the 20,000 people giving away one of the titles chosen?

I have been lucky enough to receive two of the books, what are the chances of that? No I'm not going to work it out but I have to say as a reader it made my day.
I'm going to register my books and once I've read them pass them on because that is what world book night is all about, letting someone else discover a book that you have enjoyed. I'm sorry to say that in the excitement of finding someone giving away one of the books I didn't give the poor man with Cloud Atlas a chance to tell me anything about it.

So I'll check back soon to let you know what I thought of each of them and give someone else a chance to  read them.

If you too like books be sure to visit Sian at High in the Sky and take part in Pass the Book where every month Sian chooses a book and very kindly gives someone else a chance to own the book for a month before they too pass it on. Visit the link to read all about it and how to take part.

Happy reading

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Lucky you :) looking forward to reading your review on them - I've just joined a book group, but a book club with a difference, we all craft while discussing the book :) ... mind you, so far, we've done more chatting and eating of chocolate and sharing knitting pattens rather than reading LOL.

Sian said...

I do like a bit of Marian Keyes! I hope you enjoy both of these Amanda and thanks for the mention :)

alexa said...

Looking forward to seeing what you think! Not come across either of these ...

Sarah H said...

I've read Cloud Atlas (attracted to the pretty pink and blue foiled cover proabably!) and it took me a while to get into it (i think I wasn't in the right frame of mind or something!) but once I did, I loved it. I like Marien Keyes too x