Friday 28 January 2011

So tweet

....so sweet was my number one thought when I spotted this little ceramic bird this week.
Number two was Julie would love this.

Number three was at 60p what are you waiting for just grab it!

Number four was that the colours looked very Laura Ashley like.

......and number five was that after a little wash and brush up he would look very handsome sat next to my photoframe.

I've yet to add a photo to my frame even after having it for ages but I think I really must make the effort now. I also picked up some odd fabric scraps and an old set of napkins which toned very well together. Sometimes I think things are just meant to be as at the weekend I bought some wire edged ribbon which is a perfect match I just need to work out if I can incorporate it into my project somehow.

I've already washed and prepared my fabric and cut out the first piece......can you tell what it is yet? All will be revealed soon.

Before I go I'd just like to point out that if you follow the link in my post above to Julie at notes on paper you will find that there is currently a free blog mini series running 'Tips for the Twitter-curious'. So if you'd like to find out more about Twitter or pick up some hints then that's the place for you.

Have a great weekend I'm off to Pickleberry Papercrafts tomorrow with some friends to their demo day all about cosmic shimmer paints and mists. I'm hoping to pick up some inspiration and some tips on how not to make a mess with mists.

4 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Ha! I was the first thing I thought of when I saw it! He's a cutie - and works so well with that frame!

Have a wonderful 'crafters in the mist' time! Thanks for the plug too!

xx

Unknown said...

He is a lovely little chappie! I love birds!

Sarah H said...

Wow - you've been busy! The birdie and the photo frame look great together. Looking forward to seeing what you end up making with the fabric x

Unknown said...

Love the fabric, and your frame bird combo can't wait to see what you come up with!