Sunday 31 October 2010

Back to fabric and wool

After last weeks brief relationship with paper this week I'm back to creating with fabric and wool. 

After spotting some interesting looking wool I knitted up a cosy neckwarmer........
...........then I spied some more wool that took my fancy. Seriously chunky and such a lovely green, in fact the label calls it meadow green.

I wanted to try one in wool too so I chose a ball of Rowan 100% merino wool in a delicate shade of grey. It's not as wide as the green one but just as cosy knitted in moss stitch.

If you've visited any of the fashion websites recently such as net-a-porter or my wardrobe you might have spotted that snood type scarves are making a comeback. Don't worry they have definitely moved on since the days of Nik Kershaw! But seriously who can afford to pay nearly £100 for a scarf? Not me that's for sure. Once I have a collection together I plan on putting them in my online shop or if I ever get my act together in my yet to open etsy shop. Note to self: Sort it Out!!!
 And finally a sweet little wrist purse decorated with some felted wool die cut flowers. Yes, yet more uses for my tattered floral die - money well spent.
I have just realised that I have more to share of my crafty week but I've forgotten to take photos and as the clocks have gone back - IT'S DARK. Boo!

4 comments:

Sian said...

Amanda, I'll be first in the queue for a snood (and if you fancied doing some kind of matching ear- warmer thing too..) That green is just gorgeous!

alexa said...

These are just beautiful, Amanda - I cannot imagine how you fit all this into your days. Please do get them up in your Etsy shop because I will fighting Sian to be first in the queue!

Sarah H said...

I love the scarves and that wrist purse is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. Hope you get either your shop or Etsy sorted soon!

ForgedinPaper said...

Ladies ladies I have my preorder in ages ago lol. It's cold up here in Aberdeen and I can vouch for the effectiveness of the neckwarmers. Open the shop soon it's getting colder lol.