Monday 23 August 2010

She Sells Sea Shells.....

..... on the sea shore - My August tags for the swap on UKS

I made two designs using images from Marsha Jorgensen of Tumble Fish Studio and a free stamp that came with Craft Stamper. I've certainly got my moneys worth from these collage images :-) Remember the pen and ink I bought recently I used them to write the 'she sells' bit. I have to say it's perfect for using over paint techniques like the background I created for these tags. Some jute string threaded through the bottom for a bit of texture and interest and you can't beat a bit of bunting. I practised with my pen again in creating this spider's web background for the gothic cute image from tiddlyinks. The background paper has also been inked and distressed. I'm not expert at colouring hair on digi images but I used a black copic for this one and it seems a bit easier than using promarkers I think it must be the longer brush tip. I really love these gothic cute images and plan to make more cards, maybe next time I'll try a hand stitched web.
If you're a fan of unusual gothic designs then visit Urban Threads they have lots of embroidery designs to choose from as well as digital stock art. I'm currently stitching a design which I'm going to make into a cushion cover. More on that later.......

4 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

Great tags must get mine done lol. I love the card as well she is really cool. Mmm secret cushion cover project sounds interesting.

Winnie said...

I love those tags, they're gorgeous! Love the colours and the images too. As for the card, I'm sorry, but I'm not really into gothic, but that skull cupcake sure is cute!

Sian said...

Your tags are beautiful Amanda and I'm sure whoever receives them will be delighted. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of such a great source of embroidery designs too.

Alana said...

Brilliant tags and the colouring in (esp. the hair) is fab too. I like the gothic look.