Wednesday 9 June 2010

Pink Gem Challenge

Today I have a card to share which I made for the Pink Gem Designs challenge blog. I used the free digi image available on the blog - meet Tia the kitten. The challenge was to use ribbon and buttons. I love the colour combination of red and turquoise and thought it would create a bright summery look for this card. I mounted my coloured image onto a nestabilities scalloped circle and I handstitched the outline for a bit of detail. The addition of ribbon and a button in my red/turquoise colour combination were the final touch.

6 comments:

alexa said...

Oh my, that's a lovely colour combination! Your handstitching is beautifully neat, and am loving that flower!

ForgedinPaper said...

Oh I like that colour combination a lot! Fab cards as usual I wish I had made it lol.

Mandy said...

Wow this is beautiful...Love the papers and the colours you have used...Tia looks fab....
Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Amanda, adorable image and fab details.
luv
Debby

Winnie said...

I love your card Amanda, it's really cute! Gorgeous colours too.

Christine said...

Gorgeous creation great take on the chall thanks for sharing & joining us at A Gem of a Chall.

Hugs Christine xx