Tuesday 18 May 2010

Christmas Come Early

Now some weeks ago I promised you the christmas stamp I bought at the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking show so here it is. It's from Whiff of Joy Now I know it's only May but I have to take inspiration while it's there with Christmas cards. Normally come December I've either run out of time and in a mad panic to meet the posting deadlines or have throughly had enough and feel very unchristmassy. I coloured this when I was first trying to get to grips with promarkers so it's not by any means perfect but I like the colours. The strip down the side is glossy paper coloured with watermelon alcohol ink with a touch of silver mixative. The snowflake is cut using the Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder die.
Recently I have been introduced to digital stamping. Now I'll be honest I always thought that it wouldn't be for me but after discovering this lovely range I'm converted. It's called Pure Innocence and available to download from Etsy. If you like traditional stamping the range is also available as a stamp from Silly Monkey Crafts. Of course the advantage of a digital image is that you can print any size you like.
I really enjoyed altering my first matchbox for last months Alter It Monthly challenge and this week I made another. One of my colleagues owns the most pampered and lucky cat so I wasn't at all surprised when she told me that she was taking him for his manicure appointment later that day. So in tribute to Dudley here is my second altered matchbox. I hope he approves.....

3 comments:

Sian said...

That's a stunning matchbox and I hope Dudley appreciates it!

Winnie said...

Love those Christmas cards Amanda! The little matchbox is gorgeous too.

ForgedinPaper said...

I lurveeee christmas in the summer yeah! Dudleys box is pretty cool as well. You are on a crafty roll at the moment.