Sunday 21 March 2010

A Real Life Meeting.......

After first *meeting* on UK Scrappers I finally got to meet Michelle aka The Art Tart in real life at Olympia at the Stitch and Craft Show. It was fantastic to see all her work on display and so much more beautiful than in a photo. Can you see the pirate ship in the background? If you haven't seen her projects before you should go check them out. They are available as a PDF and have really clear instructions. I've made the little box of bliss and the birdhouses and if you're a member of UKS you may well recognise the Lollipop Guild LO that was part of the latest cybercrop. There was much to look at and admire and of course I had to make a few purchases. I couldn't resist the many fabrics on sale, don't you just love the dancing couples. I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet but the apples may well end up as a bag and the roses as an apron. The bead stands were really busy and there were lots of good bargains. I picked up some gorgeous crystal beads to make into more rings........and finally if you like needlework you should definitely pay Lazy May a visit. They sell really quirky embroidery patterns and the one I bought says "what shall I do today? bake a gooey chocolate cake. stitch a story. string some bling. knit an alien. felt a flower. build a rocket and fly to the moon........... Quite appropriate considering all the varied purchases I made. I'm looking forward to stitching it and as it's a 20x20cm design think I'll include it into a cushion cover. What my photo doesn't show are some greetings farm stamps and wool roving but I'll share those when I've made a project or two.....

This last photo is from my recent holiday. I just love the colours of the bright flowers which seem to grow everywhere in the caribbean. It seems ages since I did any scrapping so I'm hoping that I'll have a spurt of creativity and have some holiday layouts to show soon.

In the meantime I have new stash to play with...........

1 comment:

Sian said...

It's so nice to see the two of you together! Maybe some day I'll make a trip over to join you. It certainly looks like a wonderful day out.